Who We Are › Funding & Charitable Status

Liberty Recycling, is a registered charity, No. CHY 14553, is dependent on a combination of income generated from the sale of used clothing and grant aid from DSP through our Community Employment Scheme.

Why Do we Need Your Clothes?

Liberty Recycling, as a social enterprise, is dependent on a combination of income generated from the sale of used clothing and grant aid from DSP through our Community Employment Scheme.

Liberty Recycling generates 60% of its income through the social enterprise with the remaining 40% coming from DSP. Therefore without the supply of unwanted clothing from the public our organization could not generate the income needed to provide rehabilitation and training services to our employees.

As a charity all income generated by the project is reinvested to provide services, create jobs for trainees and to fund the continuing development of the organisation. This in turn results in more rehabilitation places and services and more employment.

Charitable Status

Liberty Recycling is a registered charity, No. CHY 14553.

Sean's story

I was on crack for a year and finally hit rock bottom. I had a son and finally realised I was getting in too deep and had to stop or I’d miss out on his life as well.

Read more

  • About us

  • Liberty Recycling is a clothes recycling social enterprise and charity that provides people affected by drug and alcohol use with the stability, work experience, skills and confidence needed to move into mainstream employment, training and education, all within a supportive work environment.

    Read more

Our Videos